Most of our test HxS files now migrate and render successfully. Also images are now showing reliably.
Testing has been confined to SelfBranded=false (SelfBranded=true is next area to tackle).
Thanks to the Microsoft Help team for the guidance in working around these release 1.0 problems.
22-Dec-2009, Build 28 - Change notes
- Now installs a template file (you can customize) for when temporary files are created.
- Now installs and registers a .NET DLL helpwareh3lib.dll. This DLL allows our win32 code to more accurately validate XHTML files (using similar .NET code to the Microsoft merge code).
- Migrate now converts all <img src="..."> links to a full path from the root. This is required for version 1.0. Unfortunately this will break your <img> links for normal (non-Help 3) HTML work.
- Migrate now converts all standard <a href="..."> links to <a href="ms-xhelp:///?Id=xxx">. At merge time these are fully expanded to a full ID link path. Standard inter-topic links will be supported in a later release.
- Migrate strips all bookmarks from inter-topic links (not supported in release 1.0).
- Migrate now converts all simple HTML entities (like &) to Unicode entities such as & Simple HTML entities such as & > < cause merge errors in release 1.0. Apparently this is because the MS code uses XML routines to read the XHTML files and although & is valid XHTML, the XML code does not like it.
- Note: Microsoft are aware of all these release 1.0 problems and will address them in a future release.