posted Oct 25, 2009, 1:06 AM by Robert Chandler
updated Oct 25, 2009, 1:45 AM
Build 18 is now available (download link is attachment on the Home page
- Fixed duplicate folder name (cosmetic).
- Fixed parsing error where a very long tag attribute value was broken in half.
- Fixed exception for file paths > 256 characters. Now fails gracefully with ** Error. Solution: shorter output directory name and maybe shorten the name of your HxS or HxC filename.
- The <html> tag now preserves other namespaces if used.
- Explorer page - Can now drill into a package and open a topic using a ms-xhelp:/// link. A work in progress. Currently does not work on my test system.
- Having little luck experimenting with Beta 2 drop. If I use a standard XHTML <!DOCTYPE > the Help compiler rejects the help with a "Server Unavailable Error". If I set the Migration Option to "Do Not Add <!DOCTYPE...>" it compiles ok.
- I have yet to actually see 3rd party help integrated into a VS catalog (in the Help Viewer).